ELT Blogosphere and Twitterverse, Summary January 2010

Stuff I wrote and stuff I really enjoyed reading this month....

Teaching English and other ELT Related Issues
from Kalinago English

from the Blogosphere

from the Twitterverse




Lessons, Tips & Ideas for the classroom
from Kalinago English

from the Blogosphere




from the Twitterverse




Technology Related Issues and Tips
from Kalinago English
 
from the Blogosphere


from the Twitterverse








Social Media
from Kalinago English

from the Blogosphere



from the Twitterverse


New!!! ELT-Bloggers to check out



Useful links related to this posting:
Lives of Teachers, Weekly Twitter Updates
Teacher Reboot Camp, What did they Tweet

Best,
Karenne

8 Responses to “ELT Blogosphere and Twitterverse, Summary January 2010”

  • Darren Elliott says:
    February 02, 2010

    Thanks Karenne,

    I thought that title might ruffle a few feathers, but it seems to have met with general approval. I'm trying to find a rhythm now, between total inactivity and burnout ; P

    Loved the Melanie Butler piece, by the way. Extremely educational.

  • Janet Bianchini says:
    February 02, 2010

    Thank you very much,Karenne.

    I really enjoyed looking through your great list of stuff you wrote and enjoyed reading. The idea for Powerpointing grammar is a great one. I liked your Face on, Face Off posting as well.

    I look forward to looking through some more of your recommended readings. Thank you :)

  • Barbara Sakamoto says:
    February 03, 2010

    Even when I'm not busy, I really appreciate your summaries of good reads--I always miss something.

    When I am busy, I REALLY depend on these lists of highlights!

    Thanks.

    Thanks also for including a couple of posts from Teaching Village. I always feel like the student who did something right when I get a nod from another blogger like you :)

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    February 03, 2010

    Hey guys, thanks for your thanks! I'm never really sure about doing these and stopped sometime last year cause I wasn't sure if people liked them - but then I found myself hunting through the old ones for an article I wanted to find by another blogger and knew I'd saved it somewhere and then I realized that actually they were useful to me!

    Really glad to hear you enjoy them too!

    Karenne

  • Carl Dowse says:
    February 03, 2010

    Hi,
    Love the new layout! Great stuff! Perhaps you could do a tutorial or two on how to jazz up Blogger blogs?
    Carl

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    February 03, 2010

    On the list of things to do, Carl! ;-) actually planning on running a series of posts on blogging - probably May (have to get MELTA, TESOLSpain and IATEFL out of the way first) - will let you know (it's hard but patience wins out...)

  • Unknown says:
    February 03, 2010

    Thanks Karenne, for this useful and timely update! Can I add that I loved the Melanie BUtler article? Great addition to that series. Sorry I didn't comment on it before, I just saw it now.

    Is hat-tip a Karenne thing or is it a web 2.0 thing that I didn't know about?

  • KALINAGO ENGLISH says:
    February 03, 2010

    Hi Lindsay,

    I got it from Alex... I think it means "got the information from blah, blah so I'm giving him the acknowledgment for sharing the information, however it wasn't user-generated, he got it from another source but I'm awfully grateful for the tip so I'm tipping my hat his way."

    :-)K

 

Visitors and Regular Readers

Facebook

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Communities of Practice

Blog Archive

Directories, catalogs and Back Links

Adult Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites



The EFL ESL Blog List TotalESL.com - ESL/EFL/TEFL Teaching Jobs and Teacher Resumes

International Blogging Directory

Recent Posts

Simply Conversations

Pedagogically sound materials designed to get your students actively talking:

Free Samples
Conversation Control

Shop
General English
Business English
ESP



Learn more on why these work